Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combobox to display one value and save another 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigz60

Technical User
Apr 18, 2007
US
I have a db with three tables. One table has employees, and consists of an employee id field, and some other demographic info.

I have a product table that contains product id field, and product description field.

I have the third table that links the product sold to the salesperson, as well as sale date and other sale data.

I am trying to create a form that contains two comboboxes, and some other controls, but the comboboxes are where I am stuck.

I would like the combobox to display the employee name, but save the employee id into the table. The other combobox I want to display the product name, but save the product id into the table.

I hope I am explaining myself thoroughly.

Example:

Select employeeID, employeeName from tblEmployees

Combo Properties
column count: 2
bound column: 1
column widths: 0", 1"

You will only see the second column ( Employee Name) but you will save the employee ID since the first column is the bound column

Thank you MajP.

That was very easy, and it works perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back