Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ComboBox SelectOnEntry

Status
Not open for further replies.

weggers

Programmer
Jul 3, 2001
US
1. Two Forms both subclasses of same class.

2. Two Dropdown Comboboxes in each form with adjacent tab order. Boxes in Form 2 were copied from Form 1 and are populated with identical data. If Operator enters new data in 1st Combobox - given option to add data to underlying table whereupon Valid returns .t. and focus goes to next combobox.

3. Using Identical Keystrokes and Mouse actions in both forms to change data in 1st Combobox: Form 1: when the second combobox receives focus the data is SELECTED. Form 2: when the second combobox receives focus the data is momentarily SELECTED, but the cursor immediately returns to the beginning of the data and the data in the Control is not selected. I have compared properties and data settings for both forms and both sets of controls and with the exception of name properties they are identical.

I would like consistent action. Any suggestions?

If I understand correctly, I'm guessing the two forms have different data sessions though, so the table in the data session in the second form is still positioned on the first record where the record pointer is positioned on the current record of the first form's table/datasession. You would probably have to manually position the record on form two (and likewise on form one) when either of the underlying tables changes.

Dave S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back