Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ComboBox Recordset Index Field Disappeared 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjohn99

Programmer
Jul 20, 2004
US
I have a picklist table which contains:
PickKey, FieldA, FieldB

A Form bound to a table which contains PickKey from above picklist table as foreign key. A combobox field on the form links to above picklist as row source with PickKey as Bound Column.

This combobox field had been working for a long time until recently. Now the PickKey field has disappeared from the drop down list but it is there if I run the Row Source query itself.

I suspected the problem was introduced from the last Microsoft Office automatic update because if I run the same application on a pc that did not have the automatic update turn on and it works fine.

Anyone else ran into this same problem?

Thanks....

Only everyone who runs ACC2003 and had the misfortune to install SP3! The problem occurs when a field in the combobox has been formatted in the Table Defs. The ususal culprit is the > symbol, used to format entries to Upper Case. If you go to Design View for the table and delete the formatting, the combobox should start fumctioning again.

This is only one of a number bugs that has emerged since SP3 hit the streets, and Micro$oft doesn't seem to be in any hurry to issue a patch. As I understand it, in order to uninstall SP3, you have to actually uninstall Access 2003 completely and then re-install up thru SP2.

The Missinglinq

Richmond, Virginia

There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!

Glad I found your post. I have having this problem with a linked Excel sheet and thought I was going crazy.

But in my case, I can't delete the formatting as it is a linked table.

Good old Microsoft does it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back