Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ComboBox OnNotInList event 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

randy700

Programmer
Sep 25, 2003
US
In my combo box, I want the users to be able to add items when not found in the list. I've used information from faq702-4283 and have that portion working -- when they click Yes on the message box.

My problem is when they click No. Hopefully they will look at the data and realize that it is misspelled and should NOT be added. The problem is that after clicking No, Access places another message box on the screen, again informing the user that the item is not in the list. Since my message box has all ready done that, I don't want Access to repeat it. How do I stop it?

In other words... when I click Yes, add the new data, and return Response = acDataErrAdded, Access is happy. What do I need to return (Response = ?) to keep Access happy when I click No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back