Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ComboBox on touch screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaminda

Programmer
Jun 9, 2000
US
I have a combo box on few of my vb.net 2010 programs. The end users that use my program have touch screens and they have a hard time making selections on the combo box.

I have an Android cell phone and when ever there is a combo box it will open another screen and making the selection is a breeze.

How can I implement something like this or is there something like this for VB 2010 out there?

Could you explain a little more the "hard time making selections on the combo box"?

Can you make your 'combo box' a 'list box' instead?

Have fun.

---- Andy

What I mean is, they have to use their finger to pull the menu down. They click the menu but it goes back to its original state. So to select an item in the combo box they have hit it five or six times until they get it right. You can make the combo box as big as you want but the pull down menu size cannot be changed. The pull down menu is smaller than your finger.

There is no room on my form for a list box thats why I have a combo box.

I will implement something like this. But I am not sure which event takes for touch screen
Code:
    Private Sub ComboBox1_MouseClick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs) Handles ComboBox1.MouseClick

Dim frm2 As New Form2
        frm2.ShowDialog()
    End Sub
Where Form2 will have the listbox to select and pass the value to form1.

Zameer Abdulla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back