Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ComboBox not showing recorded item

SitesMasstec

Technical User
Sep 26, 2010
BR
Hello colleagues!

In a ComboBox inside a Form I have 2 fields being shown fom a table named CIAS: SIGLACIA and NOMECIA, with a " - " (space separator space) between these two fields.

Well, I selected one option in the Combobox and it was recorded in another table (RESERVAS.DBF).

This is ok, my selection was recorded correctly.

But when I use a program to see the Form, my option selected in the ComboBox does not appear. It shows blank. Only if I click the down arrow in the ComboBox the items appear to select again.
CiaNotShown.jpgn CiaShown.jpg

What do I have to do in order for my selection to appear in the ComboBox?

Last edited:
As a rule of thumb, the dropdown will only select something if the value in the table matches one exact value in the list. If it doesn't match anything exactly, nothing will be selected. Technically, there can be more than one match, but it will use the first one it finds.

If you can select the item from the list, and it DOES update the table, then it's definitely bound correctly to the column, but perhaps its just a timing problem, where you just need to refresh the control after defining the control source. If you want to test this, save the record while it's still showing the blank, and see if it saves a blank value in the table. If it displays the correct value in the table, that's proof that it held the correct value, but it wasn't refreshed.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back