Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combobox fill based upon value from another combo box 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshuaz

MIS
Mar 17, 2003
US
I am trying to set up a form where I can select a record on an employee table based upon a series of combo boxes that feed off each other. For example, if my first combo box is a list of "Employee Departments" and the value selected by the user is "MIS", then the second combo box (which will be "Employee Title", should only display values of employee titles which relate to the "MIS Dept", for example, DBA, Programmer, Analyst, etc.. It should not display "Accountent" who woulds be from a different department.

This is probably an easy one, but I have been having a hard time with this.

Can someone help me with this.

I have a sample db on my site with this very task as an example. Just grab it , see the miniscule amount of code that's needed, and you should be good to go.

I think it's about the 8th or 9th down the list - look for "using one combo to restrict choices in 2nd combo"..

Jim Me? Ambivalent? Well, yes and no....
Another free Access forum:
More Access stuff at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back