Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combo /Listbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

darv

Technical User
Mar 2, 2003
US
Hello,
I'm a newbee & any help would be great!
I built a small database with Access. On my form I have a combo box that selects a unique customer number, when doing that the form displays that customers information.
(This part is complete)
Now I want to create a button that selects current number from the combo box to a list box to hold the unique customer number(s) so I may generate a report based on the selected customer number(s) in the list box.
The report would display all records in the table for each customer selected.
In a nut shell... I select a customer number, the form displays the customers information, I click the button to add the customer to the listbox, when done adding customers to listbox click another button to generate report.

Sorry about the rambling.. Thankx!

Hallo,

The trouble you might have is with multiple users. You'd have to keep the selected customers for the report independently for each user.

You could try using a listbox which allows multiple selection. It's not a simple solution, I'm afraid, and sorry if this isn't much help,

- Frink

I think I understand what you are trying to accomplish, but your intended approach may be difficult. Would you consider adding a "PrintFlag" column to your table with the customer information on it?

When you want to print the report, first have it open a small form that lists all your customers and put a check-box (associated to PrintFlag field) next to each name, your could scroll down the list and check the box. Once you've checked all the names you desire to print, print a report that is based on a new query that searches for only customer names that have a "true" value for PrintFlag.

Just remember, make a function at the opening of this form to clear all "PrintFlag" values first. Otherwise, when you open the form for the second time, you'll have all your previous selections still there.

Explore the "subform" for this check-box list of customers, if you're not familiar with it.

T-T-F-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back