Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

combo chart where lines/bars are always the same fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andie

Technical User
Mar 22, 2001
US
I am having difficulty with a combination graph where I want to make certain the bars and lines always represent the same data type.

I have a combination graph with 2 stacked bars on the primary y-axis and a line on the secondary y-axis. The charts appear in the header for Group1, which is grouping by Division. To help understand the set up, the graph data tab has "On Change of: Month", "Subdivided by: ProductType", and "Show: Sum of Count". There are 3 ProductTypes.

With my initial subset of data, I was able to get ProductType=a as the bottom bar, ProductType=b as the top bar, and ProductType=c as the line. The graphs worked fine.

I now want to report on all my data. The issue is that some Divisions only have ProductType=c. By default, Crystal wants to graph this as a bar. I want ProductType=c to always appear as a line on the seconday y-axis, so that readers aren't confused by the changes.

Is there a way with a combo graph to make sure the data elements are always graphed the same?

I am using Crystal Reports 11. If it makes a difference, the graphs are part of a subreport.

Thank you.

If all else fails, you may want to play with our CRChart add-in for CR 11 ( It has a macro function which allows you to programtically decide which fields get mapped to which y-axis.

Disclaimer: I work for the company that makes this product. This product costs money.

Dan Weingart
OEM Technical Manager
Three D Graphics, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back