Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combo Cards on Hold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trinetintl

Vendor
Mar 15, 2010
US
Why is Avaya putting a hold on the Combo Cards? Is it because the card is not recognized with Release 7.0.5 and you have to upgrade to 7.0.12 or 7.0.23 in order to be able to use it? Or the combo card is having serious problems with Release 8.0?

I ordered a system with a combo card that I need to install this coming Friday or Monday at the latest and my distributor is telling me that they cannot sell them to me, anybody knows what is going on?

I ended up buying one on ebay, it is kind of scary, the card will be here Friday morning and I hope I don't get burned but I really need it, the customer opens the office for business this Monday.

Thanks,

RE
APSS - SME
ACIS - SME

We have installed One-X portal to our client and all features is working except for the Busy NA reason codes assignment. All the Agent could not click the drop down of the reason codes when they enable their Busy NA and set the reason code.

What seems to be the problem? My One-X portal version is 7_0_16, IP office release 7_0_23.

Thanks

Gimo

Sorry guys I have inputted my concern on this thread.

Trinetintl, do you have a doc about this?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I've just ordered and built 2 systems with combo cards on 7.0(23) with no issues.

I haven't heard of any problems either.

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

7.0(23) - just dont use embedded with it.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

You can with the patch.

BAZINGA!

Are you sure?
So they make a patch for issues with speech on EVM and it does not work?
What kind of trunks do you use?

BAZINGA!

actually - it didnt work in this case because the IPO was faulty.... no matter what version, new SD - it just wouldnt play announcements. swapped the unit, and it worked.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

I agree with everybody I recently put together two system, one with 2 combo cards, without any problems, as a matter of fact I have more problems with customers complaining about the volume and echo issues with the 9508 and 9504s than I have or ever had with the combo cards.

I was very surprised and angry to hear the news from my distributor and I also asked him, where is the doc? Where is the notification from Avaya? I got one when they pulled the 9608 but not about this..! He told me that Avaya is getting a bunch of returned cards and they are putting them on backorder, I don't know the problem is that I need the combo card.

jamie77, are you in America? Who is your distributor? I tried purchasing from Tech Data but they did not have them and I was told they are no longer going to sell IP Office, maybe a need to find a second authorized source.

RE
APSS - SME
ACIS - SME

Scansource UK

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

I reckon this could be a US thing or maybe a combo card with analog trunk thing - as there have been a lot of reports with issues on analog lines connected to combo cards.

We have been using BRI Combo cards in almost every install since they were released and are yet to have a single issue.

| ACSS SME |

Indeed, i have had no issues at all with combo cards.
It must be the ATM combo card.

BAZINGA!

We are using ATM combo cards and I do not remember having issues, well one combo card died on us once but I blame the carrier for that...unless the volume problem is related with the ATM instead of the 9500 series phone, I am going to have to go back to one of the customers and see if I experience the same volume issues when dialing between extensions, so far I can only recall seen it when dialing out over analog trunks.

mforrence - Thanks for the tip I will contact them and see if I can get set up with them...I usually purchase from Catalyst.

RE
APSS - SME
ACIS - SME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back