Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

combo card which bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryezak

Technical User
Jul 1, 2008
IP office 500 8.1.73
I have 2 digital station cards and 1 combo card
In an effort to have my digital extensions in order and the analog extensions last
Can I put the combo card in the 3rd bay over from the left facing the control unit?
Also I have programmed the IPO already then found this out that the 2 analog ports are in the middle.

Thanks,

Yes. Any slot- As described on the white piece paper that comes in the box for all new cards.
Maximum of two. IP 500V2 only.

The card will work on your release.

Just a friendly advice before you start moving modules around: Power down (via Manager) and then pull the power cord.

Kind regards

Gunnar

Oh, for fox sake!

I have 1 x4 port trunk daughter in one of the 8 ds cards.
Will moving combo from slot 1 to slot3 affect the lines?

Currently
Slot 1 combo
Slot 2 8 port ds with 4 port trunk
Slot 3 8port ds

I move combo to slot 3

System is all programmed

Can I soft power down and swap 1 and safely?
Any risks?
Thanks

your line numbers will change from 1-8 to 5-12
that is a quick change, but what is the reason for moving the combo card just the analog ports?
that will still be the case if you add more digital ports afterwards. I have lots of those and it is labelled nicely and I use differently coloured cords for analog digital and lines to make it clearly visible.

in short you can switch and just redo the lines

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

“This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Why not putting it in slot 4?
I do not see any reason for swapping these cards.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back