Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combo box won't change on form- Error!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jprochelle

Technical User
Jun 18, 2004
US
I have a form with two combo boxes. I don't know what setting are messed up, but whatever it is, it keeps the combo box selection the same for each record.

I just want to be able to edit and change records in the form, and every time I select from the combo box- I don't want it to change the other records to this same selection.

Thanks,

Seems you play with an unbound combo in a continuous form.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

The way you describe it it sounds like the combo box is not being set by the new record on the way in but IS updating the record on the way out. Once you make a selection in the combo box it's updating every record after that.
I wouldn't update the outgoing records with the combobox automatically. I'd only do it when a selection was chosen in the combo box (ON Click).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back