Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

combo box with a partial lookup ?????? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdzr

Technical User
Mar 6, 2003
DE
I'm working with access 97. Can someone tell me how I configure a combo box that finds a pease of the fieldname(like *[fieldinput]*)

If you're looking to match up the first part of another string you can use Like *[fieldinput]. However, if you're looking to match up the last part of the input field then I'd use the Right function; Like (Right([fieldinput],3)
You could also use Like [fieldinput]* but not *[fieldinput]*

*In the future you might get better response if you post questions in a forum that's more fitting to your question. This post probably should have gone in the Microsoft:Access Forms forum.

Correction, I forgot you will need to encapsulate the * as a string and attach it to the rest of the string like this;
Like "*" &[fieldinput]
hope this helps,

Thanks Orion45! I've been struggling with the same issue. Moving from the Access gui to writing straight SQL feels like learning a new language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back