Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combo Box update when using Record Navigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruzan1

Technical User
Jun 27, 2005
US
I have a combo box made using the wizard that Goes to a selected record. It updates the rest of the form fine. But, when I use the record navigation at the bottom of the page the, the form updates except for the combo box. How do I get the combo box to change along with the form?

How are ya cruzan1 . . . . .

In the CurrentEvent of the form:
Code:
[blue]   Me![blue]ComboboxName[/blue].Requery[/blue]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Is there anything wrong with using in the On Current event of the form;
Code:
Me.comboname = Me.whatever_field_the_combo_looks_for
Just seemed a little more direct to me :)
Take care, Phil

Neither of these worked. I'm probably not doing something right. Do I just put the code in the properties box, or do I need to go into the actual event procedure? The name of my combobox is Combo10. The field it uses is named System Acro from table Systems1. The form is just named Form

When I put Me ! Combo10.Requery in the On Current event of the form I get the error "Access can't find the macro 'Me ! Combo10' "

For Me.Combo10 = Me.[System Acro] I get basically the same error. "Access can't find the macro 'Me.' "

Thanks for your help!
Cruzan

I was able to get it to work by puting Combo10.value = Me.[SystemID] in On Current event procedure of the Form.

Thanks for the help,
cruzan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back