Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combo Box shows blank but is populated

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredzeppelin

Technical User
Mar 17, 2005
US
Several years ago I wrote an Access/VBA app for a client.
Been working fine since. Was written in Access 2002, clients' IT upgraded to Access 2003, SP3.

Of the entire app, there is now a single malfunctioning ComboBox. The box simply lists the 1st/key column of a table for selection. Currently, the combo box doesn't seem to show anything, but you can scroll down thru the apparently blank 1000's of records. So the records seem to be there, just invisible. An experimental text box set to copy the ComboBox selected data shows the value fine, plus the single value then appears back in the Combo Box.
A new test ComboBox behaves the same. Fooling with fonts and colors and box sizes, etc has no effect.

Evertyhing else in this relatively complex app is working fine.

Literally nothing changed from before to after, except the version upgrade.

This has to be one of the simplest functions available in Access, I can't believe there's some version incompatibility.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the pointer, that seems to fit the symptoms.

(I did search prior to posting, and came up empty)

The hotfix should definately solve the problem. I don't believe the article actually explains the cause of the problem. The reason you have only one malfunctioning combobox out of a number of them is that you apparently only have one that has a field that is formatted in some way. It frequently is the benign looking > used in the Format Property to force uppercase.

The Missinglinq

Richmond, Virginia

There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back