Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combo Box Selection Goes To Specific Frame 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarScream

Technical User
Oct 10, 2001
US
Combo Box Selection Goes To Specific Frame

I have a combo box that I want to populate from a database so the options can be modified through the database. Based upon the selection, the flash movie would jump to a different frame either by frame number or labeled frame.

I've seen Oldnewbie's example using a changing scene, however, I want to keep in the same scene, just jump to a different frame.

Any ideas?

PJ

My example in fact uses frame labels to change scene. That the labels be in different scenes or in 1 single scene, makes no difference. Use the same handler. Regards,

oldman3.gif

Thanks Olds, I'll try that.

You would be surprised how long it took me to figure out there were two more scenes. I had thought you made an MC out of it and was trying to get it to open... :)

I assume I can use variable names within the Data area so as to get the info from a database?

PJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back