Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combo Box Select All thereby creating new records for every selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillieBurgess

Technical User
Jul 2, 2002
US
Hello,
I am using Access Database 2002-2003 and this is a question regarding an Add Record form with subform and several linked combo boxes.
I am creating an order entry system. Half-way through the testing phase one of the users (the department head) decides that it would be a good idea to have a select all on the Zip Code Combo Box.

Now the order form works in this way:
The order information is on the Order Table and the mailing information is on the Market Table.
You select the Vendor, and create an Order and then go to the subform and select zip codes to mail out to using combo boxes.
Now you 1st have to select the state, then you select the city. When you select the state you limit the City combo box to show only the Cities in that State. Then you select the zip Code, and of course the list shown in the Zip Code combo box is limited by the State and City selected in the previous combo boxes.
As you select a Zip code it creates a record for that order in the Market table.
How can I create a ‘Select All’ option for all the Zip Codes listed for the previous selected City and State and still create a record for each of the Zip Codes in the Market Table?

i did the same thing that i have one customer with over 800 department stores so what i did is i created a update query where the state and city is in the same form to all and it works excelent

hope you got it if there is any other questions i am happy and here to help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back