Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combo Box or List Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDCCS

Technical User
Sep 24, 2001
US
I have a Combo box selected and don't know what I need to list the previous data or autofill in the data as I type. Don't know if I need a Combo box or a list box.

Am new to access and just want to select the data or add new as it changes in the field.

Inquiries welcome,

Frank

Welll :) One way is to just create a simple forms through wizard so that the links of ur forms with tables will be automatically created. Then right click on the text box u want to change to combo box. Then choose Change--->Combo Box.

One the text box is changed into combo box then goto properties on the combo box and on its row source property build the select list using the builder button ..Then u should be able to see the values in the drop down list and they'll be stored in ur table once u select them....Play around with it n u'll find ur way....Good luck.

Cheers!
Aqif

Hi Frank:

"Autoexpand" is the property you need to "autofill the data" as you type. Look at the property sheet for your combo box and make sure "Autoexpand" is Yes. (i.e., While in design view, right click on the combo box and choose properties at the bottom of the list; choose the "Data" tab and find Autoexpand on the list. Make sure it says "Yes".)

I'm not sure what you mean by "list the previous data."

If you want to autofill the form with data from the last record entered, then there's a procedure for doing that.

Yes, Frank, Access gets easier...

:) Gus Brunston
An old PICKer
padregus@home.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back