Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combo Box or List Box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 27, 2004
US
I have a communication form which is being used for customer distribution of various messages etc. There is an auto date field, a field for any comments, and then I have a memo field where my admin manually types which customers are going to receive this broadcast. IS THERE A WAY to have a combo box or list box which will pull up all of our customers and she can then click on which one(s) are to receive the broadbast? This would be more time efficient than manually typing each customer name into the box.
Thanks

you can get a listbox to select multiple entries, but not combobox

tell her to hold down CTRL when selecting more than 1 entry in the list box...

--------------------
Procrastinate Now!

ok, so if I do that in the list box, how do i get my selections to copy into a memo field on the same form?

how do i get my selections to copy into a memo field on the same form

You need to loop through all the entries in the list box and examine their Selected property. There's a very good example in Help - I won't clutter the forum by pasting it in here. Look up "ListBox" and "Selected".

Geoff Franklin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back