Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combo Box only shows One Field

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanAuber

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2000
FR
I have a combo box on a form with 3 columns in it when it lists the options - however when an option is actually selected - the form only displays column one. Is there any way to change this

Any help gratefully received
[sig]<p>Dan Auber<br><a href=mailto:DanAuber@aol.com>DanAuber@aol.com</a><br><a href= Auber's Home Page</a><br> [/sig]

Hi, Dan

Have a look a thread181-28856
hope this helps... [sig]<p>Phooey<br><a href=mailto:Andrew.j.harrison@capgemini.co.uk>Andrew.j.harrison@capgemini.co.uk</a><br>Otherwise known as Windy Bottom.[/sig]

Phooey,

thanks that is a pretty decent workaround.
If I want to make sure that each cloumn begins at the same point - so I get:

Auber Dan
Smith John

and not

Auber,Dan
John,Smith

I would use RPAD in Oracle - any idea what Access's equivalent is ?? [sig]<p>Dan Auber<br><a href=mailto:DanAuber@aol.com>DanAuber@aol.com</a><br><a href= Auber's Home Page</a><br> [/sig]

Unfortunatwely, I don't know that one off the top of my head except by using fixed length fields..

I.e. pad each value out with spaces but that would only work in monospaced fonts. [sig]<p>Phooey<br><a href=mailto:Andrew.j.harrison@capgemini.co.uk>Andrew.j.harrison@capgemini.co.uk</a><br>Otherwise known as Windy Bottom.[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back