Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

combo box multiple select

Status
Not open for further replies.

neerajam

Technical User
Mar 4, 2002
US
Another newbie question. I have 2 combo boxes. The first combo box contains information about all the different marketing shows conducted by my company. I designed the combo box to accept multiple choices. After making multiple choices and submitting, I get all the different categories for each show populated into the 2nd combo box, again designed to accept multiple choices. When I submit the selected categories, my output will be all the companies participating. THe way I tried was with a For Next loop.
When I did this just for the shows it worked out fine. But then I got stuck with the second one. How would I do it.
Do I need 2 for next loops, the outer one for the show and the inner one for the category. If anyone can help out with an example of how these types of multiple select loops work, I would appreciate it.

It depends on how you have your data or where you are getting it from. If you are puilling the data from a database it is generally easier to do it with two sql statements and have the second statement be modified based on the value of the first select to only pull back the records your going to need.
If your using arrays then there would have to be something that defines the relationship between the entries for the first select and the second select.

If you could give more info on how your handling the data we could probably help more. Also, if you hit the FAQs tab there are a few FAQs that talk about linked list boxes, which may prove helpful.

-T

[sub]01000111 01101111 01110100 00100000 01000011 01101111 01100110 01100110 01100101 01100101 00111111[/sub]
The never-completed website:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back