Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combo Box Independent from Field 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

newtech2

Technical User
May 22, 2002
US
How to I make a list for a combo box “independent” from the field? I have a form with a record source of “Job Query.” I have combo box with a record source of table “SAM”. This list for the combo box has become quite large and some of the names in the list have become inactive and won’t be selected again. I included a yes/no field on the table so that when a name in SAM is marked inactive, it lists it at the end of the combo box “SAM” names. I would like to see all the “active” SAM in the combo box list, but still be able to see both inactive and active in the records of the form. Any ideas? Thanks loads!

One way to do this is:

1. create a query named qrySAM
2. make sure to include the Yes/No field
3. in the criteria of the Yes/No field type =-1, this indicates a Yes answer and will only show those records that are Yes.
4. base your list box on the new query qrySAM

HTH

Maurie

I was under the impression that if I limited the combo box list to only "active", I would no longer see the names in the records prior to being marked inactive.

It worked just fine! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back