Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combo Box in Excel 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonCT

Technical User
Dec 11, 2003
US
Is there a a way to have a combo box appear when you click in a cell in Excel? I can create a regular combo box where you see the drop down arrow all the time but would like to hide that and have the combo box choices appear when a user clicks within the specified cell. Is there a simple way to achieve this? Thanks!

Check out Data->Validation...sounds like that's what you're looking for.

Kevin

Ron

I recently developed a workbook that uses several of the list provided by validation rules identified by Kevin.

What I did is create a worksheet called "Lists" and then used a formula in whichever workbook I needed to grab a particular list from the Lists worksheet.

Then I used a validation rule on these linked cells because the validation rule will only look up values on the same worksheet (Excel 2k).

Then simply hid the Lists worksheet and the columns in the worksheets that referenced Lists.

Hope that helps.

----------------------------
Cogito Ergo Sum [jester2]
----------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back