Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combo Box filtering / limiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerard1

Programmer
Mar 9, 2001
US
In Access 2003, I have a form with a combo box that is bound to a Projects table. I'd like the users to choose from a limited list of items to populate the Employee ID column that the combo box is bound to. Employee Name comes from another table and is linked to the Projects table via key fields. So I have set a lookup query as the row source for this combo box. It works well, except that I would like the available list for new record entries to be different than the list for old record entries.
For example, a new record entry has only active employees available in the drop down list. Terminated employees are no longer an option in this list. I filter the lookup query for active employees to accomplish this. However, old records will show a blank in this text box if they have a terminated employee saved in that column. (Because of the filter).
Can't I show the old data properly while still filtering on new records?

Any thoughts / suggestions are most appreciated.

Can't you put Not Is Null as criteria in the employee field of the lookup list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back