Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combo Box - controls on forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiamOC

Technical User
Sep 12, 2002
IE
I have a Combo Box on a continuous form which allows me to select from a list of values that are stored in the field of a table.
When I select a particular value I want the rest of the information from that record in the table to be dispalyed also but how do I set this association between the controls on the form.

An example of the table might be:

Code___Description

143___Some description
156___Another description

Now I have a combo box on the form which displays the values from the field Code and when I select a particular value I want the relevant description to be displayed on the form also. How do I do this?

Liam

Put in a text box and disable it (so users won't try to modify it). In the control source of the textbox reference your combo box with this code (I'm assuming your combo box only has two columns and none are hidden).

=[MyComboBoxName].[Column](1)

What that does is make the textbox show whatever is in the 2nd column of your combo box control, so it will change when the user selects a different value.

HTH Joe Miller
joe.miller@flotech.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back