Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combo Box Control Source data veing erased

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferdalizer

Programmer
Jun 29, 2004
US
Hi All!

I have a combobox linked to a table of services and their respective codes. The rowsource is the service for the combobox. The controlsource is the service code. When the particular service is selected the service code is correctly assigned to the variable tmpservicecode but the data in the table is deleted. Not the record, just the data in the servicecode field. What would cause this and how can I stop it from erasing the servicecodes?

all I am doing in the interactive change of the combobox is:

thisform.tmpservicecode = services1.servicecode

Thanks ahead of time.

From your description, both the RowSource and the ControlSource point to the same table. That causes problems.

It also makes no sense. If you're filling a combo with data from a particular table, why would you be storing the user's selection back into the same table?

Tamar

Tamar,

You are right. I removed the control source and all was fine. It was just at first the service code was not being assigned to the variable for later use. Thanks for the response!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back