Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combo AutoExpand Property in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

TanyaSealey

Programmer
Jul 17, 2002
GB
I've recently converted an Access 97 database to 2002 format. However the autoexpand on combo boxes no longer seems to work. The property is set to Yes and there is no other code referring to this property. I've tried adding a new combo box and the autoexpand worked, and all the old combos starting working too. However when I closed and reopened the database the problem recurred. Has anyone experienced this? And do you have a solution? Thanks.

Well, since autoexpand is certainly a viable property in A2K as well as A2K2, I would think corrupted form.

First I would try a repair and compact of the database.

If that fails, I would copy the form to another database. Delete it from the original database. Close and reopen the database and then copy it back from the other database and see if that helps.
Robert Berman
Data Base consultant
Vulcan Software Services
thornmastr@yahoo.com

I've created a new database and imported all tables, forms etc into there. The autoexpand seems to work now.

Thanks for your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back