Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combining Values 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

flagurugrl

Technical User
Nov 3, 2005
US
Hi All,
Another question from the crystal newbie.... I dont know the exact question but I will try my best....

Order # 32255 Value 15.00
Order # 32255 Value 10.00
Order # 32255 Value 20.00

How do I get a crystal report to combine all so that Order # 32255 will just have a value of 45.00???

Thank you in advance.... I tried to group but all that did was add another 32255

Right click on the $ field, insert, summary, group by order #. If you don't want to see the 3 orders in your example then hide the details section.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"If you have a big enough dictionary, just about everything is a word"
--Dave Barry

You also need to right-click on 'Value', choose Insert and Summary, get a summary total. (The basics of Crystal totals are explained at FAQ767-6524.)

To hide a details section, or any other sort of section, right-click on the left-hand margin for the section. You'll get several options, including Hide.

You can also do this selectively - choose Format Section. Then choose the formula icon (x+2 and a pencil) for suppression etc.

It helps to give your Crystal version - 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11 or whatever. Methods sometimes change between versions, and higher versions have extra options.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

I love this board!!!!!! Thank You for your help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back