Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combining Values from Different Tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

O2BNSV

Technical User
Jun 29, 2006
US
Using v2008 or vXI, is it possible to combine values from several different tables into one field from which a group can be created? I work with a database that has "attributes" which are essentially user defined fields. When I report directly off the back-end tables, all these attributes live in one table called attributes. However, so that all people in the organization can use certain reports, I have to use the custom report writing module which exports data into an access database. I create reports off of those access databases. When exporting attributes this way, it exports each individual attribute in a separate table. I am trying to create a subreport that has one group on the attribute type with the detail being the attribute description to avoid having to create a subreport for each attribute that shares values to the main report. The other limitation is that I cannot use the "add command" feature, nor can I use alias tables. I can only use the data that is exported in the way it was exported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back