Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combining Trans.Log files In Aloha 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

justadoode

IS-IT--Management
Jan 13, 2007
US
Hello Aloha Gurus,

Aloha version 5.3.22
Windows Server 2000
3 terms
One of the managers in a friend's restaurant forced EOD and pushed the business date forward. I went into Aloha mgr and set the date correctly, saved it, refreshed data and then deleted the incorrect dated subdirectory in the c:\aloha directory, everything seems to go fine until that directory is deleted. As soon as that happens, the master terminal envokes end of day and the date gets augmented again. I look in the data directory on the server to see if there's an EOD marker file, no. I check the terms, no. I don't know why EOD keeps getting envoked.

Fine, my workaround is to leave the dated subdirectory there, change the business date and make sure it's changed in the aloha.ini file in the data and new data folder, refresh data and leave it alone. Then, at the end of the night, when eod runs on it's own, it will error out, I can delete the dated sub then or just take the trans.log file out of the new sub directory and put it in the correct one or rename it to the correct date. I didn't mean to make this so long. My question is can anyone tell me how to combine trans.log files so that I can have a complete day's sales. The trans.log files have been saved in dated subs, and I know where they are.

Thank you for any help and sorry for the long, detailed post.

Also, if someone could explain what envokes the EOD automatically, that would help me tremendously in understanding this.

Again and as always, thank you guys for all of your great help.

Charles

Check the termimal time and system time and date on the server. Someone will usually use the time clock on the start bar to check the calendar, select a date then hitting ok will cause EOD to envoke.

sounds like EOD is being invoked by an event, set in Aloha Manager, to answer you last question. When the system date does not match the DOB in Aloha and the DOB is behind the system date, the event will fire, run EOD, reboot the terminal, then when it comes back up, run again until the DOB and the system date match. If the event is not set, it will never run automatically..never.

Thanks RadAlohaQE,

That was pretty much my question. However, the weird thing is that if the system date and DOB match, an EOD will STILL fire off if I delete or rename the dated subdirectory. In other words, today is 10/04/2010 and the system/DOB match. There's already a dated sub for 10/04/2010 created, so one won't be created tonight when EOD runs. If I delete or rename the dated sub right now, an EOD will IMMEDIATELY fire off and it will push the DOB forward to tomorrow. What I've been doing is waiting til the morning, going in and renaming the current dated sub to the next day (like 10/04 -> 10/05) Then the system itself will kick off an EOD and create the normal 10/04 dated sub with the correct trans.log file. If I don't have that 10/05 dated sub, the system will create the correct 10/04 dated sub and then run ANOTHER EOD and create a 10/05 dated sub and move the DOB to 10/06 even though it's only 10/05. There MUST be a marker file other than EOD marker in the data folder somewhere!

Hope all of that makes sense. I just can't get the system to stop envoking the extra end of day. Grrrrr...

Sorry so long.

A few points...

The End of Day process and the dated subdirectory are not linked in anyway. The end of day process is fired by the master terminal based on event(s). In the End of Day process the master terminal will create a subdirectory on the fileserver with the apporpriate name for the day of business then copy the needed contents from data to the folder. The Aloha system only scans the dated folders to see if grind needs to run. This is not associated with EOd in any way. If there is a dated sub for the current DOB end of day will error out only because the master terminal cannot create that folder on the fileserver because it already exists.

The EOD marker file only affects the non-master terminals. When they see the EOD file they will show a message "waiting for end of Day to complete". The terminals will not allow any activity untill the EOD file has been removed signifying the end of day is complete.

More than likely you have a date/time issue on the fileserver, master terminal or in events. Keep in mind events are in military time but not on a 24hr clock. If end of day is to fire at 4am that would be 28:00, not 04:00.

Thanks POSRESCUE! I checked the events and it seems the end of day is set to fire off at 5am. I changed it to fire off at 29:00 and that seems to have resolved the issue.

Excellent suggestion!

Charles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back