Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combining tables from different databases

Status
Not open for further replies.

rooterr

Technical User
May 15, 2001
US
I have two identical databases on different local networks for increased efficiency. This is great for efficiency purposes, but I have yet to figure out a way to pull the data from these and combine them to generate company reports. Is there any way to query them together or create a table to pull this information in.

Thanks,

HI again,

I suggest using a union query to combine the two separate queries that pull recs from the two dbs. I answered this question for you in another message so keep your eyes open for it. ,g>

Have a good one!
BK

THere must be a catch here somewhere. If the db's are identical, why draw data from both?

Puzzled.

Thanks Blacknight this worked great.

Zambezibill they are identical in structure not in data. I have them on different local networks because this increases entry speed because we have offices from texas to georgia and a slow network line does not make it efficient enough to be feasible to have one db. So I have them separate and now thanks to Blacknight I query the data together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back