Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combining SQL Server with MYSQL Views in Crystal 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

CruzN

Technical User
Jul 8, 2009
US
I am connecting to 2 different datasources (SQL Server and MYSQL) in CR 2008. I am joing a SQL Server Stored Procedure to a MYSQL View on Date and User ID. (I am trying to retrieve the records for over 300 CSR's by day for a drill down report).

My problem is that even when using the stored procedure on the SQL Server side (Majority of the fields comes from the SQL server side) it takes an extremely long amount of time to populate the Crystal Report. Its almost as if Crystal runs both the SQL Server Stored procedure and then the MYSQL View and finally tries to match (link) the data in the Crystal interface record by record.

Am I doing something wrong or does anyone know of a different / more efficient way to get the data i need?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,
If possible create a view In SqlServer that uses the MySql data - In Oracle you could use a DB link or other methods to to this, but I am not familiar with what may be available in SqlServer.
If you can do this, then only 1 connection to the SqlServer database will be needed to provide all the data.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Thanks for the insight. That makes sense, keep it on 1 server and have all of the linking done on the server side. It sounds like it would work.

I've been doing some digging, and have read that there are ways to link to a server in MS SQL, but I dont have any idea on how to do it. Hopefully I can find something.

Thanks for your reply, it is appreciated.

Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back