Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combining records with duplicate field contents (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

suefhmis

Instructor
Jan 24, 2002
US
I've created a report (it's an analysis of open A/R) that currently looks like this:

Ctr# Purchaser Item 1 Item 2 Item 3
02-1548 Name 1 500.00
02-1548 Name 1 275.00
02-1548 Name 1 350.00

Is there a way to combine all three records into one line? I'd like it to look like this instead:

02-1548 Name 1 500.00 275.00 350.00

Thanks!

Are the items seperate fields?

Crystal version and database version/table layouts are key factors in design work, so please include them with postings.

If they are different fields, group by Ctr and suppress the group header and details.

Add in a maximum of each field to the Group footer, where you will place all fields.

-k

synapsevampire,

Thanks. I'm using CR Developer edition version 8.5.
I grouped by CTR # and placed summaries for each of my item fields in the group footer, then suppressed group header and details. Now the only problem is how do I sort by the Purchaser name INSTEAD of the CTR#? Is it possible?

-S

You could insert another group on purchaser name, and then go to report->change group expert and use the arrow key to make the purchaser name the higher order group. This will cause the sorting to be done first by name and then by ctr #. You can suppress the purchaser name group header and footer, if you wish.

-LB

Add in the purchaser as the outer groupo and then suppress that grou header qand footer if required.

If it's supposed to be grouped by Purchaser instead of CTR, just right click the group and select Change Group and select the Purchaser field.

-k

Worked brilliantly. Dummy me...I never even thought to add another group. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back