Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

combining promise sx4000 RAID cards possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chelldis

MIS
Jun 17, 2005
EU
HI,

A windows 2003 based storage aray, containing 2 sx4000 RAID cards, each has 4 disks attached, each card and 4 disks are configured RAID 5, lets call them raid-set01 and raid-set02.
raid-set01 is full, raid-set02 doesnt contain data.

I want to add raid-set02 to raid-set01, or at least have windows believe its one disk/raidset. To me the only way to do this is to combine the cards in some way, or at least configure it in such a way that card-01 and card-02 can communicate with both disk-sets, maybe like in an SSA-loop.
Is this at least possible? Ive tried to disband raid-set02 and convert them to jbod's, but when I want to add them to raid-set01 it says,"disk array has no raid mode available", so this isnt an option.

Chelldis

There is no way to do this via the hardware, you will have to add it to disk manager and extend the partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back