Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

combining products

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelcary

Programmer
Mar 28, 2004
US
Hi,

Heres my situation. I have a product that comes in different sizes. I would like to set up the product in a way that members can choose different quantities of each size and total will display in the quantity field. In other words they could choose the quantity of each size from dropdowns. Example, if they choose:

3 - Small
4 - Medium
6 - Large

The quantity box would show "13". I know there is a work around here using attributes and having the customer total up the attribute feilds, but I would like to automate it. The other hitch is that I have quantity discounts so that prevents me from setting up the different sizes as seperate products.

If anyone can help me with this I would love it becasue I've been searching for a solution for months. I've searched every module (i think).

Thanks in advance

Joel

Wow...that's a tough one. I don't know how you can do this in MM, although perhaps with the OUI developer's kit you might be able to write your own modules to handle this.

Regarding the work-around: there is a work-around to the work-around: have each product that has various sizes be separate products (the work-around), then add them each to their own hidden product category and use a cheap "quantity discount by category" module to apply your quantity discounts (the double-work-around).

--------------
art prints

I think there is a template for viking coder's product page templates that will allow this. Try contacting them.

--Susan
NetBlazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back