Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combining a link with a refresh within a button

Status
Not open for further replies.

elan

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2001
AU
The senior moment question below has evolved into an additional question. I think a clearer explanation is required.

I have a page which has a small iframe within it. The iframe brings in an image from a feed. To the right of the iframe I have a number of buttons. If I press on a button, the image in the iframe changes to another view at its origianl page (the link cgi instruction on each button causes the change in the view.)

BUT

The page with the iframe upon it is still showing the old image. Only when I envoke the javascript:location.reload(true)on a seperate button; does the page reload and give me the new image.

So my question is the following. How can I combine the following requests to happen when pressing a single button? I have tried all afternoon without success.

Firstly for the button to link to:

and after that has been completed and a short time to elapse, then the page where the button is placed is to "refresh" to enable the new image to be viewed.

All help will be appreciated on this matter. With thanks

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back