Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

combining 3 dsl lines 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsaad

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2002
US
we ordered 3 dsl lines for our office of about 40 people. dsl is what we can afford.

now we need to get all 3 dsl lines onto our network.

which router will accept the wan connections from 3 different dsl modems?

You can use 3 Nexland ISB Pro 800 Turbos to accomplish load-sharing across all 3 DSL accounts. You'd have to daisy-chain with 2 DSLs in one, one DSL in one, and both of those feeding the 2 inputs in the third. Check out for more info on that.

-J

Greetings JSAAD,

The nexland setup is a good suggestion, you may also wish to consider 1 single machine capable of handling the task at hand. It makes things a lot easier to work with, should you ever encounter problems.

I have heard good reviews for the Janus RX, which has 3 ports into which you can feed various connections (T1, ADSL, etc.) It is made by Amplify.net. (amplifynet.com). It is also marketed as the "I-surf Janus RX".

Best of luck!

I think bdahl's suggestion is the one I would use.

It not only is less expensive but the fewer devices involved the fewer problems you will have.

jbotz's suggestion to chain three of the devices would work, but what an enormous expense to solve a fairly small problem.

The Janus has received good reviews and user experiences to date.

Go with bdahl's suggestion.

Oh, I forgot to mention an important point. Be sure that not all three DSL service providers are the same. You can do little (unless SDSL) if your central office takes a hit. But having multiple ISP providers for the service gives you additional fallback assurance for your connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back