Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

combining 3-500 lines on to 1 3900 phone 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobber1

Technical User
Nov 11, 2005
US
Question for the gurus:
I have an area that has 3 500 lines that somehow connect from the outside world carrier from 800 lines on my 81c version 3.
I know it's not a good think to mix and match. However, is it possible to take these 3 500 lines, put them onto one 3900 phone AND be able to forward these lines after hours?
My experience has been that you can only forward key 0 not key 1, 2 and 3.

Any advice is well appreciated.

(POTS) Co lines not 500 lines.

You could have all 3 CO lines auto terminate to the same DN on a KEY 0 MCR with a few more MCR keys to hunt to on it and the you cant CFW it.

Also - they should forward ok as long as only apearance.

another option is to leave on 500 set and use remote call forward feature.

acewarlock and Reusser, Thanks for the correction and the advice. My underlying reason for doing this is that my site is out of analog ports, so I'm doing an audit to see which ones can and cannot be removed from the system.
Right now they are on 500 lines and they do have the CFD enabled.
I was hoping that I could remove these 3 but it seems that I have some more digging to do.

Can you just out the 500 set and re-program them as a cheap digital set, like a 2008? I know you can buy them refurbished for very cheap (less than $70). I do not know what your digital ISM arrangement is, but you could acomplish the same thing you are doing today with multiple digital sets.

Hope this helps,

Scott M.

new
x x (any vacant tn) ld 20 luvu 3000
cust 0
ncos 4
fdn xxxx (forward dest)
cls hta fna mwa lna tdd ira
lhk 2
lpk 2
key 0 scr xxxx dn on 1st analog

return will tell you the dn is marped on x x x x and stop at the marp prompt.

marp yes

key 1 scr xxxx (same thing for that line and the next)

that marps all 3 line on one phone and that phone controls forward and hunt.. on the set ignore all other prompts.. having mixed analog and digital sets is not a bad thing, it does remove privacy.. i could pick up a busy line and hear that call.. if those three numbers are pots.. you can't dial from them to your ext for an internal call.. the process gets a little longer.. they would have to be added to the switch as a new rdb with 3 trunks.. if you need to go that way, i'll post the code for that, it's easy the second time, and we can get you through it the 1st time

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

you say these are 800 numbers that are on 500 analog phones? if so that means they are already auto terminated to a DN on an analog phone. just do as I said and put them on a digital phone. You can bring 800 numbers stright in to an analog phone, but it wouldn't go though the phone system and to an analog phone.

ace, sometimes i think this is just to easy for you!

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks JP, but I'm just like you. sometimes I have to ask question to about something I've never done. We can't know it all.

acewarlock and JP,
Thanks for all the info. Arrived this AM and found out that the 3 lines are forwarded outside to personal lines for after hours use. Something about our fleet division.

Anyways, it appears that the 3 lines will have to remain as is since each line is forwarded to a different number for after hours, weekend use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back