Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combining 2 physical server

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellylai

Instructor
Jan 18, 2001
ID
Hi...
i'd like to know is it possible to combining 2 different physical servers into 1 logical server...so those 2 servers will be considered 1 logical server in the NDS...
So i don't have to log in twice....
Or is it possible to hard drives on different servers into 1 volume...So those 2 servers will be considered have only 1 volume....

Thanks in advance,
Welly Lai

Best way to do this is to merge your trees if you are running 4.x or 5.x and they have their own trees. This will allow you to only have to login once.

And no, you can not create a Virtual Drive between 2 servers. If you want to have all your data on one server, you will need to migrate the data from one to the other and changes your drive mappings and rights etc.

Mark C. Greenwood, CNE
m_jgreenwood@yahoo.com

CNE 4.11 and CNE 5 certified. BS Degree in MIS. Working in the industry for 8 years.

I work with NT servers, NDS for NT as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back