Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combinging Individual Forms into One

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyal8r

Technical User
Sep 4, 2007
US
Hey guys-
I have a number of scanned in pages that I want to turn into a fillable form 'template'. I am using Acrobat Pro 8.

First- I scanned in the page(s). Then I created a form using LiveCycle Designer. I saved the individual form as separate files (for editing later, etc). So at this point, I have 8 different individual 'forms' setup. I now want to assemble those individual forms into various combinations, and save them as different files. For example, contract-1 may have 3 different forms. Contract-2 may have 5 different forms all within one file.

Normally I would drag/drop a PDF into another one and it inserts it just fine. It won't let me do it with these forms. So I have to us the 'Combine Files' command. I do that, but it then won't let me combine them into a single PDF file. There's some error about XML commands or something. So then I have to create a 'package' instead.

The package file treats each 'page' as individual forms/files. So I cannot tab from the last field on page 1, to the first field in page 2. I have to go up, click on the 2nd page in the navigation bar, then click in the field and tab through that page. One page at a time. It's very annoying.

What I want is to be able to take these individual forms that I created, combine them in various combinations, and save them as a single (new) file. This way, I can tab straight through them all with no problems.

How do I do this?
Thanks a ton!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back