Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combine websites from two IIS servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalchri

Programmer
Apr 19, 2002
US
Hello,

We have two IIS servers. Server A is serving up content for our public website. Server B serves ArcGIS content and has a rather extensive ArcGIS server installation on it. At the current time, the public website is exposed as and the ArcGIS content is exposed as arcgis.domain.com.

What I would like to know is if it is possible to combine the two websites so that remains the content served from server A and becomes the content served from server B.

Can this be done with IIS?

I am a little unsure about exactly what you want to do.What if you did the following:

On server A, in the website, create a Virtual Directory called arcgis. When creating the Virtual Directory, it will ask for a path. Set the path to use a shared folder on Server B: \\serverB\arcgisContent .

Business and Data Integrations
A Northern Virginia IT Service and Consulting Company

That's close to what I'm after. The only problem is that the processing of the webpages occurs on server A instead of server B. Our ArcGIS server is a pretty hefty creature.

Maybe what I am after is more of a routing thing than an IIS thing.

Requests for should hit server A
Requests for should hit server B

I am starting to think that NLB or clustering might be the thing I am after but NLB appears to be a generic technology that is not website aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back