Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

combine two table into one

Status
Not open for further replies.

francesguan

Technical User
Jan 26, 2006
CA
Hi, anybody know how to combine two tables into one and still save the result into one of the table?

I have a complicated cystal report which used a table I imported from excel file before, and now this list should be greatly enlarged, obviously it's not good for manually adding all the records into the existing table. but if I imported into another table name, then I have to re-create the report;

so I am wondering whether it is possible to merge this file into the orginal one?

Thanks,
Frances

You say you imported the excel file originally. Did you import it into a SQL database, or did you actually use crystal reports to pull data from the excel file? If SQL, just import the new data into SQL, if not, add the rows to the current excel file. Then simply refresh the Crystal Report.

I imported it into SQL. acturally I don't know Crystal report could pull data directly from excel file. when I tried to import the whole list with another name, then change this name to the original file name, but crystal report seems not working. I tried to make sure the two file has the exactly same structure in design table.I don't know why this way is not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back