Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combine multiple reports into one pdf file automatically?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacque

Technical User
Nov 9, 2001
US
Hi Everyone,
Visual Studio 2010
SSRS

I've got to make 6 slightly different versions of the same report. It's sort of a 'kitchen' sink report - current status in tabular and chart displays.
Each version is reporting on a different level of client grouping - it's a branched grouping structure.

Now comes the 'fun' part, some clients don't have all of the branches and so they wouldn't get all 6 versions of the report. The may get versions 1, 2, 3 and 6. Or 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 - it's variable upon how the client is set up. They even want some pages to be shuffled in from one version to another but that's a nice to have not a need (yet).

Also my users want to have all of the applicable versions combined in one pdf file upon export. Is this possible?

Another option would be an Excel file export which I know I that each 'grouping' within a report can have it's own tab and that's a good option for my users, Is this doable to combine the multiple (applicable) versions into one export? With each version and it's internal groupings on a separate tab?

Could I create a parameter that would allow me to select which of the six versions of the report to run at one time and export to pdf/excel in one file?

Or could I do this in a subscription?

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
It's been a while since I used SSRS about 4 years, but if you don't use it, you lose it.
Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back