Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combine info???

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekthis

MIS
Jun 9, 2004
US
hi...i have 2 tables in a database that i open in a datagrid and do some changes if needed...

after i was done with those changes i was wondering if it were possible to save those changes and combined columns, from a command button, in a temp table???

thanks for help...

yes...thanks for the reply deanconsulting...

What I would do is take the original table and after you push the command button and the grid data gets written to it I would then copy those records from that original table over to a temp table.

I don't have the time right now to get together the code to do it but that would be the outline that I would use to get it done.

Hope this helps.

---------------------------------------
Noble D. Bell

i understand the thought process...the thing is i have 2 tables that are getting populated in the datagrid...then i want to push a button to have that data that is in the "datagrid" to the temp table...

dont worry about the code...someone else may have run into this situation before...thanks for your time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back