Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combine data from two queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creeker

MIS
Apr 22, 2002
US
I remember reading about this and doing it once but I can't think of what it was called. I want to combine certain fields from two queries into one to create a report. Or maybe it had to be tables. I remember that the field names had to match exactly. Can anyone give me a hint of how to do this or what it is called?

I often find crosstab queries can perform the task you're looking for. Sometimes they're a little tricky to get working exactly the way you want ... but it'll do.

No, it wasn't a crosstab. The data in each query/table were totally unrelated. I want to combine the payment information from two different types of payment records.

An UNION query ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Thanks, PH. I believe it was a union query.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back