Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combination of rollover and image slices - is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

langoo

Programmer
Jun 22, 2008
IL
Hi Folks,

I’m trying to create a rollover individually for each Image slice in my image.

Essentially, I have an image cut up in different slices, when the mouse goes over each slice in my image I want the slice that the mouse is over to do an “Image Swap”.

I must precise, I don’t want the whole picture to do a swap when over that slice… I only want the slice that the mouse is over to do a swap.

The slice needs to swap with an identical slice, but with a color overlay over it.

So essentially, it’s combination of rollover and image slices… and I’m not sure how to go about this, and I don’t even know if it’s possible?

The way I have this setup, is two layers, one with the original image and another with a light color overlay.

#1. Question: How to make the slices the same for both layers?

#2. How to make the rollover, only affect that one slice….

Thanks, for any insight,
- Joel

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

Yeah, kinda like the header of pcroadshows.com…

What I’m specifically trying to do:

I scanned a catalogue that I want to put online, and when the mouse goes over each item of the catalogue I want the item, that the mouse is over, to do a rollover – the rollover image being the same item, but with a transparent color overlay on top.

So, I though of making each item in the catalogue a slice….
My question now is how to make each slice do a rollover independently…

Thanks for any insight,
- Joel

Hi,

There are between 50-100+ items on each page of the catalogue page...!

My plan is to scan the catalogue page..
Then I copy the page to a new layer...
On the new layer I apply a transparent color overlay.

Then I want to make slices of each item...and when an item is rolled over, it shows the bottom layer with the transparent overlay for that slice...

I don't know how to do the above!
I'm not even sure if it's possible...

Any insight is greatly appreciated,

- Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back