Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

COM+

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMTS

Programmer
Oct 31, 2000
US
How do you reference a COM+ component in an interdev project. I have a component, written in VB, that I can reference in a test VB project with no problems but I am having problems trying reference it in VID. I have the .msi file to my PC.... Any help would be great....

Not sure about COM+, but under COM you could
MTS Hosted COM: 'export' a 'package' from MTS, then execute the package .exe on the client (the VisInterdev PC) and the IIS Server PC (unless MTS is running there too).
-or-
COM object is a DLL, which you need to 'register' on each PC and on the Server. You register a DLL using regsvr32.exe - which is usually 'associate' with DLL files in File Explorer, so you cal just right-click a DLL file and the popup menu then includes 'register'.

I believe that COM+ will similar, if not identical to this. (Content Management)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back