Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

COM+ VB programming type mismatch error

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovyCov

Programmer
Jan 28, 2003
CA
First, let me tell you that i'm completely new to COM+ and, for now, my only reference is the net...you, hehe. So, i'm working on a VB project that use dll. It's ASP and resolve on IIS Windows 2000 server. The application first worked with windows NT 4, so there shouldn't be errors in the code, only drivers problem or COM+ misconfiguration.

I resolved some bugs from here but now i get a:

Type MismatchMicrosoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: 'CDate'

I made a test (independant VB project) using the dll that i suppose is the problem and it works perfectly well, as said it's not code but configuration error. I have mdac 2.7 refresh installed, pervasive sql 7, vbscript 5.6, visual studio 6....

The COM+ package have default installation, i've put 5 components in it (all dll including the one i suspect is non-fonctionnal or operating badly). I would like to know more about MSDTC, is it still nescessary to active it with COM+ as with old MTS application? and what dows it do?

Last, I'm I supposed to add code to DLL for it to work with COM+ application? because without adding any code to DLL and right after a quick installation of the COM package, i tried to load the application and it worked 50%.

Post anything as it will be surely usefull
Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back