Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

COM+ subscription and Firing events problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nastoski

Technical User
Oct 21, 2003
Dear all,
I’m experiencing one problem with COM+ application for a quite long time. Let me describe what is going on. We have installed windows service that reads data from table. It reads periodically until end row is reached, then wait configurable amount of time (our case 3 min) and then starts reading data from the row where it stopped. In that periodical circle it fires 3 events (OnBeforeRead-before readind the data, OnRead-while reading data, OnAfterRead-after end row is reached). There is COM+ component that is subscribed to those events. Everything works fine, (it can work several ours without eny problem) but than suddenly error appears. In the same time two error logs are written:

The description of the error is:

In Application Log:
Source: Event system
Category: Firing Agent
Event ID: 4100
Type: Warning
Message: The COM+ Event System failed to create an instance of the subscriber {745D214F-C5C6-4067-A0D0-BA5D36A0B957}. CoCreateInstanceEx returned HRESULT 80131509.

745D214F-C5C6-4067-A0D0-BA5D36A0B957 is CLSID of our COM+ component

In our application log (this is the log where our windows service throws errors)
Method:Work()
Source:mscorlib
TargetSite:Void HandleReturnMessage(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage)
Type: Error
Message:An event was unable to invoke any of the subscribers

Server stack trace:
at ReadNotifier.IReadNotify.OnBeforeRead(UInt32 record_t)

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Igor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back