Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

COM problem with using ClickOnce

Status
Not open for further replies.

robUK2

Programmer
Mar 10, 2008
TH
Hello

VS 2008

The 2 users that have tried to run the application get this error.

"CATWinApp has encountered a problem and needs to close"

"An unhandled exception ('System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException') occurred in CATWinApp.exe [2220]. Just-in-debugging this exception failed with the following error: No installed debugger has just-in-time dubugging enabled. In visual studio, just-in-debugging can be enabled from Tool/Options/Debugging/Just-in-time."

The users don't have any visual studio. Only the 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5 framework. Which is needed to run the application. They are only users so they don't have any development tools.

In my application I have a ActiveX control (COM), called "VaxSIPUserAgentOCX.ocx" I have registered this on my developer box using this: "regsvr32 VaxSIPUserAgentOCX.ocx".

The application run ok on my computer but no one elses.

In my references when I select them in the properties name in my application I have the following: AxInterop.VAXSIPUSERAGENTOCX and Interop.VAXSIPUSERAGENTOCXLib. In the properties I have local copy set to true.

I think the problem could be that is not registered on the users' computer. However, I am not sure how to register them. I have tried "regsvr32 VAXSIPUSERAGENTOCXLib" But comes up with "Entry point cannot be found".

Then I go to publish I click on Application Files and select Include (Auto) Requried for both AxInterop.VAXSIPUSERAGENTOCX and Interop.VAXSIPUSERAGENTOCXLib.

Could this ActiveX be causing the problem? And if what is the best method to solve this problem?

Many thanks for any advice,

Steve

Did you make sure and build the project as a RELEASE build, not a DEBUG build? It sounds like you are getting a runtime error and the system is trying to open the .Net debugger.

If [blue]you have problems[/blue], I want [green]source code[/green] AND [green]error messages[/green], none of this [red]"there was an error crap"[/red]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back